Ibiza is the third largest island of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea . It is an autonomous community of Spain.
Major cities:Ibiza town (Eivissa) , San Antonio , San Juan , Portinatx , Puerto de San Miguel , San Carlos, , Santa Eulalia del Rio , Es Canar and the other island Formentera .
- Sa Sal Rossa Tower :Built in the 16th century.
- S'Argamassa Roman Aqueduct :Water transportation system from Roman Empire in Santa Eularia
- Nuestra Senora de Jesus: Gothic style church built in the mid-15th century,
- Faro de Botafoc: Built in 1861 with 16 meters high tower.
- Monumento al General Vara de Rey: Unveiled by King Alfonso XIII in 1904 created by the sculptor Eduard B. Alentorn the architect August Font
- Monumento a los Corsarios: Monument created by the architect, August Font. It is located on Ibiza's harbor, facing the port.
- Old town cathedral with its 10th century Gothic tower and 18th century Baroque nave.
- Cathedral of Nuestra Senora : Remaining parts ,the tower and the sacristy doorway, of the Cathedral of Nuestra Senorade las Nieves (Our Lady of the Snows), built in the 13th and 14th centuries:
- Cathedral de Santa Maria de Ibiza: Built in 1235 at the top of the old part of Ibiza. It is partially built in Gothic style and Baroque design.
- Iglesia de Santa Cruz: Neo Romanic church
- Iglesia del Convento de San Vicente y San Jaime
- Iglesia de la Madre de Dios de Jesus built in 16th Century
- Iglesia de San Jose built in 18th century by the painter Sanchez de Ocana
- The church of Santo Domingo built in 16th century inside the outer walls.
- San Antonio church: built in 14 th century in the 2nd largest town of the island
- Yacimiento Fenicio de Sa Caleta : A historical settlement declared World Heritage site by UNESCO
- Ses Paisses :archaeological site from the 5th Century BC near Cala d'Hort
- Es Cuyeram :cave of Es Cuyeram, in which a sanctuary of the Carthaginian fertility goddess Tanit exists
Santa Ines in the northwest coast of Ibiza island: Catacomb-like chapel where a wooden image of Santa Ines
Attractions : by towns
- Ibiza town (Eivissa):
Visiting the old part of Ibiza Town: Buildings from 10th century with ancient courtyards. The old medieval district with Gothic buildings and historic walls including the citadel
Ibiza Jeep Premium Tours , Escape Rooms ,
- San Antonio: Karting, Parasailing , Capitan Nemo boat trips , Watersports , Jet boat
- San Juan : Ibiza Horse Valley
- Cala Portinatx 30 km from Ibiza, beach attractions and surfing schools.
- Cala Llonga : Tourist Train Cala Llonga
- Puerto de San Miguel: Cova de Can Marca , the biggest natural caves situated a top a rocky
- San Carlos: Tourist Train Es Figueral
- Portinatx : Aquabus
- Es Vedra: The mystical island rock off Ibiza's west coast.
- Playa d'en Bossa : Aguamar water park , Ulises Cat boat excursions
- Formentera : Jeep Deluxe Tours in the other island Formentera
- Santa Eulalia del Rio : Little town located in the north of the island with beautiful landscape and its fortress-church.
- La Salinas: Saltpans on the southern-most tip of the island used more than 2000 years create beautiful landscape.
- Es Canar: Hippy Market only on Wednesdays on the east coast of the island and Las Dalias Hippie Market in San Carlos on Saturdays.
Acrobosc Ibiza Adventure Park , Tourist Train ,
- Atalaia de San Jose: The Highest Point of the Island
- Beaches : scuba diving opportunities.
- The Ibiza Express : mini-train to take the tour in the island.
- Golf Ibiza: Golf club with 2 courses ( 18 & 9 holes )
- Southern Beaches: : Playa d'en Bossa Beach , Talamanca Beach, Figueretas Beach, Las Salinas beach (Ses Salines), Es Cavallet , Cala Jondal , Sa Caleta , S'Estanyol , Es Codolar ,
- Western Beaches: Cala Codolar Beach , Cala Gracio , Cala Salada , Cala Bassa , Cala Conta , Cala Tarida
, Cala Vadella
, Cala d'Hort
, Cala Moli
- Eastern Beaches:
Beaches in Santa Eulalia , Sol d'en Serra Beach , Es Cana,
, Cala Nova , Cala Llenya, Cala Martina , S'Argamassa , Es Niu Blau , Aguas Blancas , Es Figueral , Cala Boix , Es Pou des Lleo
- Northern Beaches:Portinatx beaches
Puerto de San Miguel Beach , Benirras , Cala Xarraca , Cala Xuclar , Cala San Vicente
- Museo de Arte Contemporaneo: MACE ( Ibiza's contemporary art museum ) Permanent collections like Portmany's drawings , photography collections, The prints by Japanese artists, collection of posters of the former Carl van der Voort Art Gallery and archaeological site preserved under the ground -2 floor inwhich items from different historical periods are exhibited.
- Museu d'Etnografia d'Eivissa: ( Ethnographic museum ) Exhibitions related to jewelry, clothes, weapons
- Archaeological Museum of Ibiza and Formentera :
Ibiza and Formentera Archeological Museum is formed by two sites, one in Dalt Vila and another one in Puig des Molins.
The Archeological Museum in Dalt Villa exhibits three thousand years of history of the Pitiusas, from the first settlers to the Catalan conquest of 1235 . It contains artefacts from prehistoric sites on the Balearic Islands, 5th - 7th centuries BC Archaeological, anthropological, ethnological and artistic collections .
The Monographic Museum of the Puig des Molins , is located in the archaeological site of the Necropolis of Puig des Molins
- Museo de Etnografia de Formentera: The museum include the exhibitions of the fisherman tools, utensils and furnitures. ( in Formentera island )
- The Museo Puget: Pieces of art on oil, and watercolor from painters Narciso Puget Vinas and his son Narciso Puget Riquer.
- Diocesan Museum: Paintings, sculptures and gold works from the 14th century.
- Galeria Van der Voort :located in the Plaza de Vila, right at the heart of the old part of the city .
- Es Moli :Sculptures and photography by international artists in an old mill,
Distance: 7 km southwest of Ibiza Town.
Hotels & Restaurants:
Use our Ibiza Explorer page to find the Hotels , restaurants and car rental services.