Amsterdam city guide
Amsterdam : Capital of the Netherlands. Population 900.000. Famous with numerous canals and numerous bridges and fascinating architecture. Most popular districts for tourists : Binnenstad , Jordaan, Plantage, Zuid , West ,Oost
Best time to visit : July and August are popular. In October to March the prices are cheaper for the visitors.
- Van Gogh Museum: Museum that exhibits the paintings and the life of Van Gogh. You can also see the paintings of Monet , Gauguin, Toulouse-Lautrec, and Bernard.
- Rijksmuseum: Works of the Dutch artists like Rembrandt Vermeer and Van Gogh and other thousands masterpieces
- Diamant Museum: History of diamond trade in Amsterdam.
- Stedelijk Museum: Modern and contemporary art museum. It is a strange building with its bath-shaped extension.
- Electrische Museumtramlijn: Electric Tram Museum
- Amsterdam Museum: Exhibitions related to the history of Amsterdam.
- Jewish Historical Museum
- Oranje Voetbal Museum : Football museum about Ducth national football team.
- Rembrandt House:House inwhich Rembrandt created most of his etchings .
- Canal District
- Anne Frank House: House where the Jewish girl Anne Frank stayed while she was escaping from Nazis.
- Cat Cabinet: : A cat museum
- Amsterdam Pipe Museum :Large collection of pipes .Some of them are 2000 years old.
- Museum Willet-Holthuysen : Large collection of silverware, from the Dutch Golden Age.
- Museum Van Loon,
- Pianola Museum: Pianolas from last century.
- Amsterdam Tulip Museum: History of the Tulip , the symbol flower of the Netherlands.
- Houseboat Museum: Situated on the "Hendrika Maria", a former freighter, built in 1914. An experiment about the boat life.
- Scheepvaartmuseum: Maritime museum built in 1655 for the vessels of the Golden Age.
- Verzetsmuseum : Museum about the Netherlands in Nazi occupation years. The structure has been built in 1876.
- Museum Het Schip
- Tropenmuseum: Cultural museum about Africa, Asia and South America. ( Permanent exhibitions contain of art, photographs, objects and audio-visual materials . )
- Persmuseum : Press museum
- Frankendael : House built in 1733
- Vondelpark: Most popular park of the region. It is easily accessible.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Distance: 9 kilometres southwest of Amsterdam
Hotels & Restaurants:
Use our Amsterdam Explorer page to find the Hotels , restaurants and car rental services.